One of the most famous Italian recipes (even though people from Bologna keep saying they don’t call it like this, whatever! 😀 )
If you want to know my recipe of spaghetti bolognese, keep reading 🙂
Ingredients to make spaghetti bolognese:
- 500g beef mince meat;
- 250g pork mince meat;
- 250g tomato passata;
- 50g celery;
- 50g onions;
- 50g carrots;
- 250g white wine;
- 1 spoonful extra virgin olive oil;
- 3L water;
- 40g full fat milk;
How to make spaghetti bolognese
- Start by finely chopping up celery, onions and carrots, you need 50g of each.
- Put the oil in a frying pan, add the crushed celery, onions and carrots and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Now you can add both beef and pork into the pan and let everything cook until all the fat from the meat has evaporated (approx 15-20 mins).
- Now it’s time for some wine! 🙂 Well, don’t drink all of it though, you need some for the recipe! 😀 Add the wine, give it a good stir and let the alcohol evaporate.
- When the wine’s evaporated you can add the tomato passata and ONLY 1 LITER of water.
- Add salt and pepper, stir and let it cook over medium-low heat for an hour.
- After the first hour you can add another liter of water and cook it for another hour.
- Same again, add the last liter of water and let cook for an hour (3 hours in total).
- After three hours, taste it to check if it needs more salt or pepper and add the milk.
- A last 5 minutes of stirring and your ragu for your spaghetti bolognese is ready!
How to maintain fresh your ragu for spaghetti bolognese
- If you need your ragu ready for the evening, you can make in the morning and warm it up while you are cooking the pasta.
- You can keep it in the fridge, in a glass container, sealed with film for no more than 2-3 days.
- If you prefer, you can freeze it.
Did you like this article? Leave a comment and share it 🙂
Ti é piaciuto questo articolo? Lascia un commento e condividilo 🙂
Like my page on Facebook to be always updated!
For private lessons, queries or any info, just contact me!
Categories: Italian Recipes