How to make a yummy Italian Lasagna
Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! In today’s article I will explain you how to make a yummy Italian Lasagna (my fiancé loves it!!).
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER!! 🙂
Italian Lasagna ingredients:
– 3 spoons of olive oil;
– 1 finely chopped onions;
– 500g of beef mince meat (750g if you, like me, have a greedy boyfriend!);
– half glass of red wine;
– 1 bottle of tomato passata;
– 1 tin of tomato concentrate;
– 3 bay leaves;
– salt and pepper;
– 2 teaspoons of sugar;
– Lasagna sheets;
– 50 g of grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
For the white sauce (besciamella):
– 500 ml of milk;
– a knob of butter;
– 4 spoons of flour;
– salt an pepper.
HAVE YOU ALREADY SUBSCRIBED TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL?? 🙂
1. Let’s make the sauce
- Heat in a pan some 3 spoons of olive oil and 1 onion finely chopped. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mince meat, bay leaves, salt and pepper, and let it cook until it’s not pink anymore (approx 10-15 mins). When all the water and fat has evaporated, add the red wine and cook for other 10 mins.
- Once the meat smells and looks nicely cooked, add the tomato passata, tomato concentrate and sugar. Fill the bottle of tomato passata with tap water to “clean” it and add the water into the sauce pan. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Let everything cook for at least 2 hours. Pay attention as if all the water evaporates the meat will burnt! Hence, check it every 20 minutes and make sure it always has enough water to cook in, if not, just add some. Just make sure that after 2 hours the sauce is not too watery (don’t add too much water after 1 and a half hours of cooking).
In the meantime, make the white sauce (besciamella)…
- First of all, put the flour into a sauce pan (but not on the hob!!) and add a little bit of milk. Mix well to make sure there are not lumps left, then add all the milk left and mix. Add melted butter, salt and pepper and put the sauce pan onto the hob on low heat. Mix continuously. Wait until the white sauce is nice and thick and take it off the heat. Your white sauce is ready!
As a result, you should have a nice ragú (the sauce with the mince meat in it) and the white sauce ready and you can put all the pieces together.
On the bottom of a baking tray pour some of the sauce (possibly without meat). Do a layer of lasagna sheets followed by a layer of sauce, some white sauce and Parmigiano Reggiano. Repeat until you run out of sauce, you should be able to do 4 layers.
Cook it in the oven for 15-20 mins at 180 C in a traditional oven (160 C in a fan oven).
Enjoy your lasagna and let me know the result!
Why don’t you also try my spaghetti bolognese recipe??
Buon appetito 🙂